[Dixielandjazz] Good tunes?

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Mon Jun 30 17:22:49 PDT 2003

I really think the thing that constitutes a good tune is it's
appropriateness in a given situation.  Just about every tune ever written
can be performed in a manner that will be appropriate to some members of an
audience.  However when you're performing in a venue that has a history of
only playing,  for example,  bop, and the customers are there to hear that
particular genre, Crazy and Deep in the Heart of Texas are not terribly
appropriate.  I love these songs under other circumstances but not in
Shelley's Mannhole in Hollywood circa 1965.   Dick