[Dixielandjazz] Good tunes?

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Mon Jun 30 13:53:44 PDT 2003

At 12:44 PM 6/30/2003 +0100, John Farrell wrote:
>Louis Lince said :
>>"Don't forget that the squares who ask for "Deep in the Heart of Twxas" and
>>"Crazy" are paying your fee."
>
>... However this is very worrying :
>
>"Both are good tunes anyhow"
>Louis, are you feeling alright? Any headaches or spots before your eyes?
>Get well soon 8>)
>John Farrell

"Crazy" is a *wonderful* tune. I would hesitate to desecrate it by doing a
dixieland version...

I usually play a medley "Deep in the heart of Twxas" with "Yellow rose of
Twxas" ("behind the door her daddy had a shotgun. The gun was for her lover
who was far, far away") and "Eyes of Twxas are upon you".

--Sheik