[Dixielandjazz] Re; Goldenrod Revival

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Jun 29 16:36:08 PDT 2003

Yeah -- I played it with the Sons of Bix. We were sandwiched in between the
Salty Dogs (Lew Greene version) and the Jim Cullum band. We worked out an
arrangement where by we picked a transition tune, and on the last tune the
band started, then one my one a guy from the next band would take over the
chair of the other until eventually the whole band had been switched without
stopping the tune -- and same thing at the end of the second band's last
tune.
Worked neat.
I MC'ed for the SOB's and had a note passed to me as I was introducing a
tune, and read it to the crowd announcing the death of Benny Goodman. It was
a sad moment for all.
I also remember the skinny space you had to pass through to get through to
the stage.
Chubby then, fatter today, I might have gotten stuck if it were this summer.
Hope they get the old tub going and that jazz will be back aboard.
Don Ingle