[Dixielandjazz] Don's Bio

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Sun Jun 29 02:00:24 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of Don Robertson

>I was born in 1934 and grew up in Long Beach, CA.  Curiously we lived
on
the same street, a couple of blocks down from listmate Jim Kashishan's
family, but as I was 7 or 8 years older, we didn't know each other, and
we have never met.......

>I found it was the 1966 version of the South Frisco Jazz Band.  After
hanging out there
every weekend for about 4 months...........

Don, you missed me again, by about 8 yrs!  I was a founding member of
that band in 1956, but was in Madrid when you discovered the band,
having left them when it was discovered I was under 21 and playing with
them in a bar that served booze!

You know where to find me now though, if you want to make up for all
those years........

Jim   :>