[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Sharkey Bonano info for Bill Haesler in New South Wales, Australia

Berry Zand Scholten bzssvs at wxs.nl
Sat Jun 28 01:26:44 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry Zand Scholten
To: b.haesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 9:41 PM
Subject: Sharkey Bonano info

Enkhuizen, Friday evenening, June 27th 2003

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your fantastic answer. I opened your mail this afternoon and your mail has even more details than all others. Thank you indeed. I'm trying to find LP or CD somewhere in a second hand recordshop, here in Holland, or order it at CD Universe or Amazon.

I have the correct information now and I really want to thank you for your fast and kind help.

Have a good weekend, 'down under'. You have a wonderful country as well. I visited Australia twice. The first time I had the opportunity to make a motorcycle trip. A couple of years later I had to cover the London-Sydney-marathon, a race for antique and classic automobiles, as a journalist of the Dutch national newspaper 'The Telegraaf'. In one of the places between Perth and Sydney -- Ucla, as I remember well -- I met a guy who had played in Graham Bell's Jazzband. He asked me about the Dutch Swing College Band and was curious to know about DSC-banjo-player Arie Ligthart, who passed away a couple of years ago. I think the guy had played the banjo in Graham Bell's Band. It's amazing, how small the world seems when you meet people on the road.

Thank you again, Bill.

Best regards,

Berry Z.S.