[Dixielandjazz] Re: Haven't we all wanted to?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 01:46:33 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/26/03 8:47:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
charliehooks at earthlink.net writes:

> I was intrigued by your Man killed for singing Sinatra off-key 'news item',
> as
> The Sydney Morning Herald is my daily newspaper.
> I did not recall reading that item.
> I just checked, and it is not in my home-delivered edition of 25 June 2003.
>
>   That item was sent to me by Dave Kovnat, a drummer who is mostly on the
> road with Bobby Rydel.   Don't know where he got it, and I didn't Google it
> because I just thought it was funny.
>
> Charlie

Hi guys,

I have already deleted the original version of the story that came in this
a.m. but seem I recall that it supposedly happened in the Philippines at a
Wedding reception not in Australia at all.  Perhaps someone still has the original
post.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Filipino and Mexican Weddings can often turn quite violent as I remember from
my early days of playing many of them, especially when the tequila starts to
flow and mix with the beer and the knives and pretty senoritas who belong to
that man Jose.