[Dixielandjazz] Re: Haven't we all wanted to?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 27 14:01:14 PDT 2003

Dear Charlie,
I was intrigued by your Man killed for singing Sinatra off-key 'news item', as
The Sydney Morning Herald is my daily newspaper.
I did not recall reading that item.
I just checked, and it is not in my home-delivered edition of 25 June 2003.
However, it may have been on their web site.
Being a cynic, I do not subscribe to popular belief that "it must be true, it
was in the paper'.
The SMH itself has a team which investigates sensational overseas stories
regarding Australia, and tries to track them down.
Nearly all are invented, using fictitious place names and made up newspaper
sources.
By bored journalists?
At least your item mentioned a reputable Sydney paper.
Very kind regards,
Bill.