[Dixielandjazz] Art Tatum Still King

Chuck Kercher ekercher at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 26 11:27:17 PDT 2003

Many of the best piano players of the time would finish their gigs in the
early morning and hasten to wherever it was that they had heard that Tatum
was at that hour, and then getting to bed at dawn. One of our best friends
was one of those players and I know he wasn't looking for acrobatics. cheers
back atcha, chuck