[Dixielandjazz] Riverwalk Bix show this weekend

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Wed Jun 25 16:41:08 PDT 2003

DJML Denizens:

I recommend very highly the new Bix tribute show that will be on Riverwalk
this weekend. The guest star is Vince Giordano who takes over for me on his
bass saxophone on most of the tunes.

For those of you unfamiliar with Vince and his playing (which cave have you
been living in?), here is his profile:

http://www.riverwalk.org/profiles/giordano.htm

If you are not sure what a Riverwalk is, go to

www.riverwalk.org

and here is the station list

http://www.riverwalk.org/carriage/carriage_a.htm

and a streaming list

http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/program.pl?programid=282

I haven't heard the finished show yet, but I was there on the Crest Theatre
stage when they recorded it. It should be a really good one. The uplink
isn't until tomorrow, and most stations air RW on the weekend. If you care
at all about Bix, DON'T MISS THIS SHOW! and the other one called Bix
Rarities coming up later this year, also with Vince.

mopo