[Dixielandjazz] SHORT BIOS

Janie McCue Lynch janie51 at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 24 17:19:44 PDT 2003

 =0D
Earlier Don wrote: =0D
 =0D
"I'm probably the closest thing to an outsider on this list, being=0D
non-musical and all that,  "  =0D
 =0D
"On my best days my piano is mediocre, but I still run through folios and
sheet music"  and " It's been a pleasure to sit back here in DJML and hea=
tales of how it was ------thanks for letting me=0D
sit in."=0D
=0D
Well, Don, you are not the only one---and I'm sure there are "others" out
there besides you and me!  =0D
=0D
I , also, am not a musician; however, have played the piano since I was 9
and love music, both classical and jazz.  Played the piano throughout hig=
school for a small dance studio in Pennsylvania, where most of the tap
numbers were of the late19th and early 20th century.   Was married in 196=
4
at 19 and moved to the Sierras in California with first spouse, a foreste=
r.
Shoveled a lot of snow, had four kids, but sure didn't play much piano at
that time! =0D
=0D
Came to So Calif in 1977, finished nursing school,  got a degree, now wor=
full time as a nurse care manager for high risk patients from home, via
computer and telephone.  Married to second spouse, an attorney. (9 adult
children between us and 12 grandchildren.)=0D
=0D
Have resumed playing the piano.  Shipped my Baldwin from the family home =
in
Pittsburgh after my parents died,  and love the touch.  I am still better=
 at
reading than improvising, but I practice "for fun" all the time and
sometimes I surprise myself with some decent harmonies and rhythms.  But
mostly I am a listener, and listen I do! I have music everywhere, have mu=
sic
playing most of the time, and it's in my head during those times when it'=
not physically on for whatever reason.  It's always a treat to hear live
music.=0D
=0D
I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts from the musicians--they are so full=
 of
personal experience, knowledge, strong opinions unhesitatingly voiced and
rebutted, laughter and sadness, good will, and their common bond of music=
=2E =20
I have learned much from all of them.  =0D
=0D
And that is the abbreviated version of my tale!=0D
=0D
Jane Lynch=0D
janie51 at socal.rr.com