[Dixielandjazz] News List (2nd movement)

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:18:43 PDT 2003

Hans and other interested listmates,

There are numerous lists that Yahoo sponsors, including many jazz lists.  I
think if you do a search for "yahoo groups" and dig a little you should find
a site that you can do a search for "jazz" in which they give descriptions
of the different types of lists and how many members there are.  I belong to
a Yahoo silent film list that operates similarly to djml, the only
differences being that when you reply to someone it gets posted only on the
list and there's also a yahoo sponsor advertisement at the bottom of each
post.  I remember that there were quite a few jazz lists but I don't belong
to any so I can't vouch for them.  If you go to the Jamey Aebersold website
www.jazzbooks.com they have some excellent message boards that you can
browse and post to.  Most of the topics there are related to modern jazz and
technical aspects of improv.

All the best,
Rob McCallum