[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sandoval Miscellaneous & Larry Weil

lUIS dANIEL Flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Mon Jun 23 18:47:29 PDT 2003

Arturo was at least two times in Buenos Aires and many times to the Punta
del Este jazz festival en Uruguay (elitist festival to my taste). Here in
Argentina he played, besides trumpet, piano and drums, along with our finest
trumpeter Roberto ``fats`` Fernandez.
He played mainly Latin jazz and one tango from Astor piazzola ``Preparense``
in a fine cool jazz way.
He did not play OKOM because of his background, but what a honor he made to
OKOM recording this CD exclusively with OKOM.
So taking Beebe words first, I would say, after the originals, listen to
Sandoval !.

Luis Daniel Flores
Argentina

---