[Dixielandjazz] Smoke, Attn. All Members

Larry Weil kc1ih at mac.com
Mon Jun 23 13:46:10 PDT 2003

At 9:28 AM -0700 6/23/03, Robert S. Ringwald wrote:

>As an alternative, how about some of us post short bios of ourselves so that
>the newer members find out who we have on our list?

OK, I'm not an old member, but I'll post a bio anyway:

I'm age 53, single, and live in southern New Hampshire, US.  I work
as a broadcast engineer for a Boston TV station.

You can tell from my e-mail address (kc1ih at mac.com) that I'm a ham
radio operator, and that I use a Macintosh computer.

I have many musical interests, not just Jazz.  I also like folk music
and some rock "oldies".  I hesitate to classify any kind of music as
good or bad, there are kinds of music that I don't like, but if it
brings enjoyment to some people, that's a good thing, IMO.

I try to get to concerts, clubs, and festivals when I can, which is
sometimes difficult due to my work schedule.  But, I do get lots of
vacation time, and usually spend it travelling, so I get to see shows
in many different locations.  You folks in California have a great
resource in the center in Santa Cruz, really a nice place where you
can hear some music and not have to spend a fortune.

That's it for now, I have to get going on my way to Beantown and work!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH