Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bloopers

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sun Jun 22 22:29:06 PDT 2003

Hi Judy,

Yes I have seen some of Tony's posts and your Zenith band played Sacramento
this year as well I believe. Noticed from your website that you are a singer
as well - we would love to travel with our singer but and eight piece is to
difficult for us costwise.  Our playing schedule in Birmingham starts is
5.30 pm Wheelers Timber Yard Wednesday 9 July, Birmingham Malthouse 7.00 pm
Thursday 10 July, 1.30 Walkabout Friday 11 July, 1.00 pm Bar Risa and 7.00
pm Dartford Cricket Club, Saturday 12 July finishing up at Sharmans Cross
1.00 till 4.00 pm on Sunday 13 July.  So an intra Zenith "F2F" is probably
possible.  It would be great to meet up.  I have some of the Zenith history
included in the book I am writing.

Our old friends Mart Rogers (we shared some gigs in USA in 2001) from
Manchester will be in Edinburgh again this year and we will probably catch
up with them in Haugesund, Norway this year as well.  The reason I mention
this is that I think he was an original UK Zenith musician some time in the
past.

All other UK gigs are in Scotland both before and after Birmingham.  Glasgow
Jazz Festival 4 July Royal Bank Big Stage 12 noon till 2.00 pm followed by
Waverley Paddle Steamer Cruise 7.30 till 10.30 pm the same day staying at
Glasgow City Inn then Saturday 5th July at the Dumfries Jazz Club.8.00 till
10.00 pm all before Birmingham.  After that we have a few days residency at
the St. Andrews Bay Hotel then we have a week or so at Edinburgh JF with
Mardi Gras, Jazz on a Summers Day etc.  We are calling the 2003 trip "The
Chapattis & Shortbread Tour".

Cheers & beers
Tom Wood
zenith at ans.com.au