[Dixielandjazz] Arturo Sandoval

KenASlater at aol.com KenASlater at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 05:24:05 PDT 2003

t.roper3 at ntlworld.com writes:

> I have collected OKOM recordings for some 54 years and until this latest
> topic arose I had never heard of Mr Sandoval.  Perhaps its a British thing.

I doubt it, although Arturo certainly has a wide following in the UK, dating
back to his London concerts in the 80 's, earlier as part of Irakere then
later under his own name.

Incidentally Jerry here's a coincidence. When Steve's email reminded me that
I hadn't yet bought 'Trumpet Evolution' I looked at your web site to see if I
could order it from you. After perusing the site I assumed that you might not
deal in the more modern jazz discs so I bought it at my nearest Virgin
Records.

Apologies for that.

You might also be interested in <A HREF="www.arturosandoval.com">www.arturosandoval.com</A> which discusses not
only his music but also his history - he's had an interesting life story.

Sorry Bob and others if I'm wandering off topic.

Ken
London