[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bloopers

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sun Jun 22 13:15:23 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Just before our band takes off for the Hotel Oberoi in Mumbai, a word of warning to those who write jazz material that is to be viewed by the general public and a caution to those who do not spell check their e-mails.

Last week I wrote a hasty press release and put it up on our website naming the band touring party of nine including two wives and as always, I put my own name last.  I received an instant e-mail response from a (down-under humour) jazz colleague who said he liked the tour notice adding "Love the bit about Tom Wood and TWO wives."  Please rush to the website, however, a correction has since been made and it now reads "and two BAND wives."

My second blooper last week was of a more serious nature.  Whilst finalising details of a Jazz Service on Sunday 27 July during the Edinburgh JF another number was requested for addition to the church produced A5 songsheet booklet with words for the congregation to sing along with.  I hurriedly e-mailed a suggested "Count Your Blessings" and unfortunately left out a vital letter "O" in the first word.  Notwithstanding that there are two atheists and an agnostic in the band I sincerely hope our relations with the client and church will not be strained!  I respectfully ask Does Jesus Care (Bb)?

Finally listmates once again this site has created yet another new "F2F" contact for us with Dixieland site "lurker" Rob Henneveld (Jazz Connection Jazz Band) from the Netherlands.  We are arranging to have a drink together during the Birmingham (UK) JF week (5-13 July).  If you have a sound card on your computer please turn it up, visit our website, go to jazz links icon and click onto Jazz Connection Jazz Band or simply type and click www.jazzconnection.nl then sit back and listen.  WOW what a great blast.  I like it, a good one Rob !!  I won't bother you any more for a few weeks.

Cheer and beers,
Tom Wood
Sydney-Zenith
zenith at ans.com.au