[Dixielandjazz] Trumpet Evolution in Jazz

James Butler jbutler6 at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jun 20 22:08:23 PDT 2003

I think that Steve was referring to the talent of the man behind the
mouthpiece. Of course you can't improve on the originals but it's sure nice
to hear people with the ability to execute the music play it and maybe give
you a different perspective on it. Why did Kenny Baker record  38 Louis
Armstrong solos on the Millenium Collection with Louis actually doing the
singing (thanks to technology)? I don't know but it's sure nice to listen
to! Thanks Kenny.

Jim Butler