[Dixielandjazz] Gota River Jazzmen U.K. tour & Buddy Bolden CD

Schnabbels at aol.com Schnabbels at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 20:05:29 PDT 2003

Hey Jude,

OK, rub it in. I had such a wonderful time with you and Tony last December
when we had dinner at the "Trout" in Lechlade and I wish I could be there when
the GotaRivermen perform there. That despite the fact that, on that evening in
December, the clarinettist only played fortissimo.

Warning to Ingemar: The Trout is a tiny place; your band will occupy about a
fourth of the available space in the pub. So it's really cozy!

I will get my European OKOM fix on September 1 when I will be in "De Griffel"
in Bilthoven, Holland (that is very close to Utrecht). One of the swingingest
bands in Holland (it is a quintet). The band includes two alumni of the Dutch
Swing College Band. Any listmates who might be in the neighborhood and would
like to join us may contact me for directions. The band plays in "De Griffel"
(translated: "slate-pencil", the restaurant is located in what was formerly
an elementary school) every first Monday of the month.

Regards,

Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale (42 degrees, and that is Celsius!), Arizona

P.S.: "But it is a dry heat". Yeah, right: so is an oven.