[Dixielandjazz] Re: The reissue of old recordings

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 13 10:53:58 PDT 2003

Dear Bob,
Regarding: ...>what can we do to promote pressure on these guys?<
>From long experience with the 'majors' here in Oz, I would say: "Nothing. A
waste of time. They would not know what we were talking about!".
Let us hope that Mosaic can talk Capitol into another set or, as Jazz Jerry
said, wait for the Europeans to hop in when their 50 year 'rule' expires.
However, the only trouble with this is that the Europeans will probably not be
too interested in the Capitol artists mentioned.
It was not Bob Crosby's best period and Mosaic have already done the Goodman's.
Kind regards,
Bill.