[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Humor

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Jun 10 08:42:16 PDT 2003

Re: 24.
Karen Tedder (correct spelling) was Karen Tedder, not Jo Stafford. Jo made
only two sides with Red Ingle, the classic Tim-Tay-Shun, and later Cigar
Dust (Stardust.)
Karen was a young gal that could do the quasi hillbilly vocals, but also
sang very pretty on ballads.
Not on your list was the Red Ingle/Eileen Carlyle vocal duet on Spike's
Glowworm.
When the soprano held a long, solo note going on ad infinitum, the note was
broken by Red's bellow..."Turn the page you fathead!"
Might I add Red's Lebensraum with Spike. And of course the classic, Chloe,
also with Jones.
There were 28 sides of the Natural Seven released by the German Bear Family
Records on a CD several years ago - still available - included some never
before released sides, several sides only previously released in Australia
(go figure), and
these raise the level of comedic parody to a high art form, IMHO.
Having put in a year with Freddy Fisher's Schnicklefritz Band, I would
highly recommend  Horsy Keep Your Tail Up as a worthy addition to your list.
Good advice indeed.
Don Ingle