[Dixielandjazz] RE: Wow on WING...; humor in music

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Jun 9 12:32:33 PDT 2003

For a total summary of everything that can go wrong with a
Dixieland/Trad band performance, get a copy of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah
Band's song "Jazz, Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold" originally on their
1967 "Gorilla" album and re-issued on many collections.

There are several collections of humorous (bad performance or
otherwise) jazz from the 20s and 30s on LP but I do not know if they
have ever been re-issued onto CD.

There is some good info on  "Fritz Guckenheimer and his Sour Kraut
Band." at
  http://www.spaceagepop.com/guck.htm

Dave Richoux