[Dixielandjazz] Re: Memphis Nighthawks

W.P. Mossel w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl
Sun Jun 8 22:09:24 PDT 2003

At 03/06/06 12:00 -0700, you wrote:
>Message: 3
>
>Hi Listmates,
>Can anyone tell me who the Memphis Nighthawks are/were?

Were. They made records March/April 1932 in New York.

>Who played in that
>group and when?

Line up:
Alfred Bell-t/ Roy Palmer-tb/ Darnell Howard-cl-as/ Al Washington-cl-ts/
Bob Hudson-p/ Ed Hudson-bj-v/ W.E. "Buddy" Burton-wb-v.
It is a bit depending on the recording dates.
The recordings are on a CD: Cygnet CYG 1001. Excellent remastered by John
R.T. Davies and Charlie Crump. I don't know if it is still available.
Cygnet Productions have the same address as Frog records. So try that:

<frogcd at freenetname.co.uk>

Kind regards, Vriendelijke groet, Grusze
Wim Mossel

Tenor guitar player of  The Autoreverse Jazz Orchestra
http://www.autoreverse.nl/

a.k.a. w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl