[Dixielandjazz] Rambling Remembrances of Mike Silverman - DickBroadie

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Jun 8 11:24:49 PDT 2003

I must add my personal thanks to Mike and Bobby for their many kindnesses to
Uncle Rosie. Rosie McHargue, in his last years, had many infirmities, and
needed help to get around and continue to be active in music, and Mike and
Bobbi were there through most of it, and for that I am so very grateful. I
knew Rosie all my life -- even from the time I was a baby, and he subbed for
my dad so Red could be at the hospital when I was born. This spirit of
"family" was in effect when many young players later found Rosie, hung
around him to learn, and then go on to play as established players on their
own.
Mike and Bobbi were among a close, loving circle of friends that helped pay
back Rosie's many years of similar help and inspiration to others who wanted
to play jazz.of our form.
Bobbi, should you read this, thank you for your and Mike's being there for
Uncle Rosie in his last years. Please know that many of us are there with
you now and adding our prayers to those of Mike's many friends.
Don Ingle