[Dixielandjazz] Mike Silverman

Paul Reid whadayesay at webtv.net
Sat Jun 7 11:21:53 PDT 2003

Many of you know Mike from the infamous Hot Frogs Jumping Jazz Band as
co-leader. I recieved word from his wife Bobbie that Mike passed away
last evening. Mike was a close friend, and I enjoyed being a part of
that band plus playing other gigs with him.
       Mike was backing his car into the stall next to his mobile home.
Evidently, this is the point when he expired, as his car hit the storage
shed and stalled out. This alerted Bobbie who was inside the mobile home
and went out and found him behind the steering wheel.
        Mikes wishes were for a wake, rather than a memorial. So a
celebration is being planned for sometime close after the Mammoth
festival, (Possibly July 19th) as his birthday is on july 12th.
When more details are known, I'll post a notice

Respectfully,
Paul Reid