[Dixielandjazz] RE: Breda Jazz Festival (Eli Newberger) (Elazar Brandt)

Rob Henneveld - Jazz Connection info at jazzconnection.nl
Thu Jun 5 14:37:56 PDT 2003

Hi,

I personally had a great time at the Breda Jazz Festival and met some interesting bands.The Handsome Harry company: fantastic jumping jive, great show and excellent sound (it's all about budget: they have - like Jazz Connnection - their own sound engineer). And you can have a sit down at this stage. Mostly you cannot sit (unless you have a mobile chair). At the Havermarkt - were we played on Saturday afternone - the last few years you cannot sit anymore.

Bratislava Hot serenaders are fantastic to listen to; also the Duo Specials and Breda Giant Session.

The Festival changed 5 years ago there policy to give attention to other jazz trends there. That's what I like and think is neccecary to reach many new young (jazz) music lovers.

The Festival use some large sound systems because mostly you need this in open air and hugh area's. We take our own sound engineer with us providing a jazz sound and notting else than that. Anyway I believe we played very loud in the band since our enthousiastic drummer broke 4 new drum-sticks in 3 songs!

--
Rob Henneveld
www.jazzconnection.nl