[Dixielandjazz] Bob Raggio Update

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Wed Jun 4 01:16:06 PDT 2003

Forwarded from Leon Oakley:

 ----- Original Message -----
From: "Oakley Brenda J" <oak at mcm.com>

All -
I thought I would give you an update on Bob Raggio, since it has been a
while.  Bob is still at a nursing care facility.  He has made a bit of
progress, has had a few setbacks, but as of now, stable.  Leon visited him
last week a few times, the first visit was during one of the setbacks, where
he needed to be sent to the hospital for IV antibiotics, but a few days
later, Bob was back in the nursing care facility, and his coloring looked
good.  However, Bob developed another infection of some sort on Saturday,
and went back to the hospital to be treated again.  Certainly, not life
threatening, but it negates any small progress that he made up to that
point, in physical therapy.

Annie is grateful for all the support that you all have expressed already,
however she asked me if I could message you'all for a hugh favor, she
wondered if you could send cards or notes of encouragement to Bob as she
feels that Bob needs it to keep going.  I know most of you have sent cards
already, but if you can send another, maybe something humorous, it would be
great.  We need to keep Bob's spirit up, as you can well imagine, depression
during a long recuperation can weigh a person down.

Here is Bob & Ann's home address, Annie can then take them over to Bob at
the facility.

> * Bob Raggio
* 22876 Belquest Drive
* El Toro, CA  92630