[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman 'gain

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Tue Jun 3 15:20:15 PDT 2003

I thought Vido had mentioned that he was on this session.  Used to play with
him every Mon PM at the Riviera Hotel with Ace Hudkins Big Band (Ace was
drummer with Artie Shaw until he was replaced by Buddy Rich.)

I was sort of musical director at Vido's wake.  Got about 30 musicians to
jam for about 8 hours.  He was sent off in proper style at St. Louis
Catholic Church parish hall in Cathedral City, CA.   Haven't seen his widow
since.  Anyone have any information on Rose Musso?

Dick