[Dixielandjazz] Wasn't in the cards.

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Jun 2 20:06:58 PDT 2003

The die was cast when Jean and the sidewalk parted company in the early
April ice storm. With her ankle broken bad enough to require open surgery, a
metal plate and six screw to hold the bones together, and nearly two months
off her feet until this past week when the Bone Guy said she could begin to
pet weight on the foot and do some light walking with a walker for support,
we had hoped that we might get down to Logan. T'weren't to be.
Walking any long distances is tiring for her, and with the local rooms sold
out and much of the available space a goof 25 miles and more away on less
than level terrain, it is a no go for this year.
As soon as we hear that the Boondockers are set for a return in '04, we will
book rooms for next year on the spot. I cannot tell you how much I regret
this, but it is just a matter of  letting Jean's recovery go without
complications. We expect that by mid-July, the Doctor will say that's it and
go enjoy yourself. We are making plans to go the Bix Bash in Davenport, and
will stay with friends in a nearby Illinois community.
Perhaps you and other listmates will be there and we can have a F2F there
somewhere.
For all heading for Logan, enjoy yourself, and lift a glass to the North to
the Ingles who are envious of all of you. You'll know us -- we're the ones
with the long, sad faces.
Don Ingle