[Dixielandjazz] Re: CDs by Bob Crosby's band

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 1 12:09:47 PDT 2003

Dear Fred,
Sorry about the delay in replying to your query.
The 4 Bob Crosby CDs on Swaggie feature the complete output of the Bob Cat plus
3 bonus sides by the Orch ("Sth Rampart St Parade/Dogtown Blues/Panama").
Remastered by John RT Davies and certainly worth getting.
If you are on a budget, at least buy the first two.
Pull up
worldsrecords. com
for more Bob Crosby compilations and airshot CDs including the 1935 Congress
Hotel concert.
Or 'talk' to listmate Jazz Jerry.
Halcyon in the UK have released 20 CDs covering everything (apart from alternate
takes) by the Crosby band, plus the very important sessions by the pre-Crosby
band issued under Clark Randall's name.
(Randall was a fictitious person.)
I should state my Swaggie interest now.
Jim Gordon wrote the notes to Vol 1. I wrote the notes to the other 3 Vols.
Contact me off-list if you require more details.
I am a Crosby 'nut'. Probably because it was their records which brought me into
jazz in 1945.
Kind regards,
Bill.