[Dixielandjazz] LoC updates - 1653 B - 1654 A - 1654 B

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 21:58:05 PDT 2003

Hello all,

Following my week long visit to meet up with Roger Richard at his home in
Lamothe, France, with the specific aim of trying to sort out and correct the
running order, and make an accurate transcription of the narrative of the
Library of Congress recordings, I can reveal some very interesting details.

There are many errors on the Circle records, where Rudi Blesh has cut and
pasted speech into other Circle records, so that the speech appears twice on
a number of occasions.   There are even examples of "missing" speech at
either the beginning or ending of some of the Circle records.

The Rounder CDs jewel case notes also have a small amount of errors.

We will continue updating this mammoth project on a regular basis, and the
following 3 AFS numbers are presented for your viewing :

1653 B - Maple Leaf Rag - Rag-time, Missouri style - (2) Maple Leaf Missouri
style.   (This AFS number contains new "dust jacket" information).

1654 A - Monologue on St. Louis ragtime - B2 completed - Maple Leaf Rag
played in New Orleans Style.   (This AFS number contains new "dust jacket"
information).

1654 B - Monologue on St. Louis ragtime - Ragtime in St. Louis.   (This AFS
number contains new "dust jacket" information).

The 3 AFS updates can be accessed from the UPDATED PAGES BOX at :

http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/index.html

Then just scroll down to the NEW revolving icons.    Hope you enjoy.

Musically yours

Mike

morton at monrovia15.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/