[Dixielandjazz] realistic future for Dixieland jazz

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Wed Jul 30 08:20:43 PDT 2003

Yeah, Bill, but wait 'til we run out of gas!

But it's not the same thing. The horse and buggy is not an art form. There is
nothing inherently archaic or impractical about Dixieland music, except maybe
that it's played by larger bands with live instruments instead of one or two
idiots with synthesizers and too many megawatts of amplification at their
disposal, and you have to know how to play.

Elazar
Misrad HaJazz
Doctor Jazz Band
Jerusalem, Israel