[Dixielandjazz] Gone Fishin"??

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Jul 29 09:44:46 PDT 2003

The Kenny Brothers had been at the song writing business for many years. Our
band does one of theirs from 1930,  "Laughing at Life," recorded back then
by the McKinney's Cotton Pickers with a Don Redman chart. Nick Kenny was
also a newspaper entertainment business "gossip" columnist for a NY paper as
well as song writer.
The Bing and Louis side of Gone Fishin' was as relaxed and friendly as it
got.
These guys were truly friends and it always showed, going back to their work
together in "Sing You Sinners." Louis singing the wonderful "Skeleton in the
Closet" with Jimmy Dorsey's band was a great number -- I have it on a CD of
Louis with big bands from the 1930's.
Don Ingle