[Dixielandjazz] Working with Bob Hope

Kaye Wade kayewade at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 00:11:00 PDT 2003

I worked with Bob Hope's show in Juneau Alaska in1956 ( or 1957? ) We
were stationed in Fairbanks at Ladd AFB and his singer didn't make it so
they called on me to fill in. My 1st son was still tiny so I couldn't go
on with the show from there, but I was invited. It was with Chill Wills
and he kept chasing me around till I thought my husband was going to
punch him out! Chill, as always was drunk & had the usual movie star
attitude that he could do anything without any consequences.

It was absolutely great working with all of them. I especially liked
Bing Crosby - he reminded me of my dad.

(Boy am I old!)

--
Kaye Wade