[Dixielandjazz] I Want A Little Girl

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:52:05 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Rebecca Thompson wrote:

>Just wanted to pass along a story about Tommy Loy and John Norris.  We were
>all in Arizona for the festival there in 1999 and John explained that in
>this day and age, he had to sing, "I Want A Little Ol' Girl" to which Tommy
>quipped, "Is there a comma in that sentence?"

You mentioned Tommy Loy and "I Want a Little Girl" in the same sentence.

You can find both (Tommy Loy singing "I Want a Little Girl") on our (Cell
Block 7) latest CD - "Breakout."

You can get this CD by logging on to the Cell Block 7 website:

http://www.cellblockseven2002.net/

and then contacting Leader Bob Romans.

The track featuring Tommy Loy was recorded in Scotland when the Cell Block 7
played at the Edinburgh Jazz Festival last fall. Tommy went with the band as
the second cornet player. It was one of his last outings before he succumbed
to pancreatic cancer a few months later.  We truly do miss Tommy!!

Best to all,

Bill "Tommy was my hero!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com