[Dixielandjazz] The whole world sucks

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:15:31 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Barrett Deems is credited with the saying:  "The whole world sucks".

>No doubt derived from his scholarly treatise on the falsity of Newton's
>claim that
>gravity exists. The complete Deems theory to why we all don't fly off into
>outer
>space is:
>
>"There is no gravity, the world sucks."

This is, of course, an oxymoron. Gravity IS the sucking of the world on
every object in its vicinity. Hence it makes no sense to say "the whole
world doesn't suck, it sucks."

Cheers,

Bill "I don't care if the world sucks, I still dig it" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com