FW: [Dixielandjazz] Mixed race lineups, Chicago Style

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 01:15:12 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/23/03 5:16:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
charliehooks at earthlink.net writes:

> >The enforced desegregation of the 50's is surely transforming the US into a
> >color blind society.
>
> I sincerely do wish that this was true, we have come a long way but we still
> have a long way to go and on both sides as Charlie herein states.
>
>   Well, Stan, I agree that the younger people are getting better at it
> all--my wife teaches in a grade school and in Junior High (called Middle
> School), and the situation there is much as you describe.

And they would do fine with it if the adults that teach them racism would
just leave them alone.

.   Many black ladies and
gentlemen have learned to deal with their own racism in a civilized manner;
but If you believe for one moment that every black person in this white
society doesn't see color first and all else later, then you are living
under a delusion.

Unfortunately Charlie you are correct again, I sincerely wish I could
disagree with you.

And the college age black
kids invariably segregate themselves in the dining hall, in the dorms if
they are allowed to, and they usually are: black kids can do and say just
about any damned or blessed thing they want.

Yes, we bent over backwards with programs to try and reverse discrimination
and every one of them including affirmative action was exploited to the maximum
for the wrong people unfortunately in most cases.

Try having a White students association, a White Firefighters association,
White Policeman's association or any other Whites Only association  in today's
world today, hell we even have Black Republican associations and Black
Democrats Associations, we even have a Black Cowboys association, not because there
are many Black cowboys, but because a smart Jewish guy who started it found a
loophole in the system to get government grants to buy him some horses and a
stable and feed for them on the taxpayers.  There is also a Touring Black Rodeo.

This kind of political correctness has gone entirely too far and further
corrupted an already grossly corrupted system to benefit only the radicals that
promote it for their own gain and not for the good of those they purport to
serve and or help.

But the worst of the worst are the professional racists; and almost all of
them are black.   .    They are professional card sharps, and their cards are
all
race cards.    They intend that the game continue, and they use all their
skill (which is considerable) to insure that the races remain suspicious of
each other at the least, hate each other at the most.   The Jesse Jackson's
carry on the tradition, not of Martin Luther King but of Stokely Carmichael
and H. Rapp Brown.

It is indeed a damned shame that all of the Black people battling for
political power are self appointed and self-righteous lazy scoundrels with a good
gift of gab to attract naive followers, and most of the seem to be all knowing
preachers, or radical extremist like Malcom X.

And yes folks I work everyday with some great Black musicians and a lot of
wonderful Black Americans that I call friends, and I still see and experience
all of what Charlie has stated.  Some days it is real work and not very
rewarding financially or spiritually either. But we shouldn't give up for the sake of
the future generations of kids that are trying to overcome it on both sides.

In the words of the song by the Beatles, Let it Be, just Let it Be!

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins