[Dixielandjazz] Jazz slang

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 22:18:15 PDT 2003

Hi Bill:

You might be interested in acquiring a copy of a book I have called "A Jazz
Lexicon" by Robert S. Gold.  It was published in 1964 by Alfred A. Knopf and
is an extensive compilation of jazz slang.  I have no idea of its
availability but it is certainly an interesting read.  The acknowledgements
include such luminaries as Eubie Blake, Danny Barker, Zutty Singleton, Dan
Morgenstern, etc.
Best,
Bill