[Dixielandjazz] Wierd Song Intros

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Wed Jul 23 18:42:33 PDT 2003

Last week-end, I told my Dixieland loving audience that I am a veteran of the US Air Force (true) and
that we used to go up in B-52s and do practice bombing runs on US Cities. (not true)

My story continues: First we'd take off and try to "bomb" Chicago, then Saint Louis, then New Orleans and
finally Atlanta.

One day, we came home and were ordered into the General's office where he was extremely upset.

The man with the 2 stars on each shoulder informed us that our squadron's effectiveness ratings were
largely determined by the success of practice missions - especially the one we had just completed.

He went on to tell us that our mission was successful with respect to Chicago, Saint Louis and Atlanta.

But then in a very frustrated and hostile tone of voice,  he barked:  "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?"

Now you can use this introduction and get booooood  just like I did.

Dick Broadie