[Dixielandjazz] no no Sacramento

tito martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Wed Jul 23 22:06:15 PDT 2003

Dear list mates,

Some of you know that I applied for the 2003 edition of the Sacramento
Jazz Jubilee, and since my Band was not selected, I was invited by a
couple of Bands to go alone by myself and to sit in with them, just for
fun and as a token of friendship while waiting - and hoping - to be
invited for the next year.
I went, and had immense pleasure beyond my expectation.

I just received a letter from Mr. Krum CEO of Sacramento Jazz Jubilee,
informing that my Band was NOT chosen for the 2004 Jubilee edition. Sure
they must have their own reasons so I will not complain. I will miss for
sure the bunch of nice people I met there last May, the extraordinary
spirit of camaraderie deployed in every place, the great Jazz played by
some few Bands, and the joy I had jamming and sitting in with some of
them. Hope to see you again some time, and those Bands willing to visit
and play here in Sao Paulo, please contact me that I'll do my best to
bring you there (as I did already with Original Dixieland Jazz Band from
N.Orleans and with Portena Jazz Band from Buenos Aires) - no promises
intended!     ;-)

Let's keep on swingin',

Tito Martino
clarinet, s.sax, a.sax,