[Dixielandjazz] Tape problem

Gerard Bielderman gerardbielderman at freeler.nl
Wed Jul 23 23:41:00 PDT 2003

Dear listmates,
Can anybody advise me what to do with the following problem?
I'm putting all my tapes (with broadcasts since the early Sixties) on CD but
some tapes - after a while - start to squeake like a sick bird (because of
dryness I suspect) and this awful sound reaches the recording/playing head
and then is audible through the loudspeakers. When I wet the tape with a
cotton bud the sound disappears.... But is almost impossible to do this by
hand for a complete CD....
Does anybody have a better solution? Maybe Bud Taylor?
Thanks for any advice!

Gerard Bielderman, Leie 18, 8032 ZG Zwolle, Netherlands
Publisher of Eurojazz Discos, Sounds of New Orleans, Swingin' Americans