[Dixielandjazz] Mixed race lineups, Chicago Style

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 12:06:44 PDT 2003

Hey, Tom,
     Have you written any books or articles that have been published on all
these ideas
you have gained from your many years of booking, promoting, employing,
leading bands
and other musicians?  Or about copyrighting or otherwise protecting one's
rights to
songs one has composed  and performs?  I'd like to read anything you have
written on
these subjects--not for myself but for my children who are musicians just
starting out.  TIA.

     Also, I know that much of what you say about discrimination against
African-American musicians is certainly true.  The fact is blatant racism keeps
rearing its
nasty head, threatening to engulf us again in its hatefulness.  While
musicians have
been less racist than most, the music business has been only slightly less
racist, if
at all.  Keep fighting racism and racial discrimination as it eats into the
intriguity of all of us.

Best wishes,

boblynn
bobolink7736 at aol.com