[Dixielandjazz] Rogan Rethinks and Recounts

HotJazzSync933 at aol.com HotJazzSync933 at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 00:39:25 PDT 2003

Rogan here:

          I have said nothing brutal nor anything slanderous to any
particular race, sex or gender. Although some cornet players seem to have their own
race, but thats another story. I just like to express my feelings through a
message board of people that may feel similarly. I happen to be familiar only with
the East Coast jazz. I am not trying to write horrid things of West Coast jazz
musicians, for all I know there may be wonderful trumpet players who play all
day long and audiences who dont waste $20-30 on seeing Simon Wettenholl
scrunch up his face and boast about how he needs a haircut.

          I know there are many of you who are dying to speak out about some
weird jazzers and jazz ways of doing things. If you do, why not use this
message board as you would a pillow if you have an anger management problem, thats
what I do! No really, I love people and of course I love jazz. So lets not be
slanderous and respect each others views, Goddammit!
                                                  -Donnie Rogan