[Dixielandjazz] Tony Scott

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Tue Jul 22 20:47:03 PDT 2003

on 7/22/03 4:40 AM, James Kashishian at kash at ran.es wrote:

> a white guy by the name of Tony Scott on
> clarinet (louder than Louis on trumpet...honest!), and all these guys
> could hit it on all our Dixie tunes.  They'd paid their dues

    Tony Scott could then and can now literally play anything!  Even
dead
I'd put Tony up against any jazz player anywhere.

Charlie

 Charlie, dunno if it's the same Tony we're talking about.  I think this
one is a different one than is normally recognized.  This guy was in
Europe in the early '70's, then went on to the middle east or somewhere
& got involved in some really weird music.  He had a shaved head, and
always, always wore an all black outfit.  Very showy guy, but he could
certainly play.  One of those guys where his instrument seems too small
for his talent.

Jim