[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 7, Issue 68

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 22 10:58:00 PDT 2003

Steve said
> Yeah, me too John. Especially in my youth when he played at Nick's in NYC
when we all knew him by the name Tony Spargo. He was a fine drummer as well
as a fun kazooer. A real treat to see/hear live, with a New York / Chicago /
Condon style band.

I came to the conclusion that I was born too late (1953) and in the wrong
place (London) to catch most of the great players. You are really lucky to
have heard Spargo and all the other greats live. I've just got the records
cheers
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com