[Dixielandjazz] African-Americans in Jazz

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 22:21:10 PDT 2003

Well, I guess jazzboard scored fine with his handling of this question.  But
I just wish y'all could hear Jim Beebe ripping it up on "That DA DA Strain,"
on this CD of his band showing off the work of Franz Jackson.  And then there's
also "High Society" here
too, and plenty of others.  OK so I want to hear more about trombonists in
Dixieland
Jazz.
Best wishes to all,
boblynn
Still trying to play cornet and have gone back to trombone as well.
Although I have musicians with whom I can jam--and all of them are
African-Americans--, I have to admit we play no Dixieland, EVER, nor do we listen to more
than about three tunes when we're listening to music.  It just ain't where
these guys
are at.  Ever though they claim to believe it is the most difficult of the
jazz styles.