[Dixielandjazz] Re: Better Players

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Mon Jul 21 15:38:46 PDT 2003

  I wonder about the constant need to attack Kenny G.  He has never claimed to be a jazz great.  I, personally, find that he has an intriguing sound and approach to music.   Jim Beebe

Hi Jim,
I agree about his "intriguing sound and approach ," but only when I'm extremely drunk! (And I haven't been in that situation in many years.)    I don't resent Kenny G. at all, - his music or his wealth.   I only resent those who chose to classify his performances as "jazz."  Dick B