[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 7, Issue 66

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 17:10:28 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/21/03 12:17:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DWSI at aol.com
writes:

> there just isn;t one instrument (or device) that dominates jazz that much.
> In
> my advertising business we tend to look for significant graphic symbols by
> going more abstract. Think of the Movado watch dial or an airplane propeller
> as
> classic, well known, yet simple design shapes. But now you need a graphic
> designer. It's a really tough assignment.

In my warped mind's eye, I see it more like two hundred fishermen on opening
day of Salmon season, fishing from every angle as they line up the riverside
on both banks casting their lines into the middle of the river.  Now a musician
fisherman starts up stream and drifts downstream in a rubber boat trolling
right through the middle of all two hundred lines which of course get
immediately entangled into one big un-tangleable mass.

It is amusing however to sit up on the draw bridge and watch them all
fighting their big catch for a couple of hours, fist one pulling and reeling from the
South bank, then another one pulling and reeling from the North bank,
assuming that the river is running east and west at that section of the river anyway.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins