[Dixielandjazz] Sundown Mama, Attn Dave Littlefield

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Mon Jul 21 13:42:02 PDT 2003

 Charles Enlind wrote regarding the song "Sundown Mama":

> A number of years ago  I commented on the
> DJML that Sundown Mama was one of my favorite vocals and got a response
> from K O Ecklund thanking me for mentioning the song.
> He said it sat in his piano bench after he wrote it and Turk Murphy came
> across it one time when visiting.   I can't remember what else he
> said about the song but eventually Earl McKee
> recorded it with the High Sierra J B and that is
> the only version I have heard.

Bob Ringwald replies:

There have been some 9 or 10 recordings done of the tune.  I recorded it
with the Fulton Street Jazz Band on our album, "Tippin' In."

I am soon going to record it again, an add it to, when I re-issue my
"Ringwald Rated R" recording on CD.  It is also one of my favorite tunes.

Dave Littlefield, if you want to use it, contact KO Eckland to get the
original sheet music.  I'll send you his e-mail address off-list.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA