[Dixielandjazz] Re: Max Collie in Indianapolis

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 11:13:00 PDT 2003

There is quite a lengthy description of the Indianapolis farrago in Hal
Willard's biography of Wild Bill "The Wildest One". I showed it to Max who agreed
with its accuracy and signed the pages to that effect! I have no doubt that Max
has billed his outfit as "World Champions" with his tongue in his cheek, but
also with an element of what led Morton to claim to have invented jazz:
neither really believed their claims but  publicity never hurt anyone.
Brian Wood