[Dixielandjazz] Dick Carey

Bonnie Otto bonnie at hopdog.com
Fri Jul 18 16:13:20 PDT 2003

Paul, I'm sorry you didn't get to meet him. He could sure spin a yarn. I was fortunate enough to sit in a room for 4hrs in 90 degree heat, very pregnant, transposing tunes for the kids at camp. I wish today that I had a tape recorder during those 4 hrs. We did do some pretty mean 4 hand playing that week.

I have a lead sheet of a tune that he wrote called, "Going Down To New Orleans." Betty O'Hara gave it to me. We performed it at one of the Sacramento Jazz meetings. My apologize for reminiscing out loud. I miss both of them.
--
Bonnie Otto
Piano - Sister Swing
bonnie at hopdog.com